Job Group: Department Head
Place of Work: Moshi, Kilimanjaro
Department: Sales and Marketing
Responsible To: General Manager
Responsible For: Sales and Marketing Executives
As a Sales and Marketing Manager, you are responsible to develop and foster business through proactive direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls, and tours of the hotel. Also develops strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue.
Identify areas of opportunity in performance and recommend tools and sales training to optimize the performance of the sales team. Additionally, work with individual hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs.
- Build on and develop relationships with our current clients.
- Analyze current markets and identify new markets and potential clients.
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls, meeting with principals of the target market.
- Develops and maintains contact with business generators, MICE planners, travel agents, tour operators, airlines, corporate accounts, NGOs, Government Departments, and other producers closely allied to the resort business.
- Sells to existing and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales strategy, negotiating optimum rates for the benefit of the business.
- Develop customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business into the specific hotel and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams.
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels, including social media channels.
- Manage the number and performance of third party and promotional websites and liaise with providers in ensuring the optimization of the hotel’s online position.
- Manage all routine marketing/promotional/sales collateral development/production both on and offline Communications / Public Relations.
- Ensure that all client correspondence is tracked filed and recorded, including quotations and contracts.
- Manage a fully integrated communications calendar for the resort around events, food and beverage, public holidays, need periods such as weekends.
- Reporting of weekly and monthly sales activities as prescribed by the establishment
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
Key Performance Indicators.
- Monthly Room Occupancy rate of 70% or more.
- 5 MICE events per Month (corporates, weddings, graduations, end-year parties).
- New Client onboarding (Tour Operators) 3 per month.
- Five 5* trip advisor reviews monthly.
Senior Spa Therapist Full time Arusha, Tanzania Published
Job Profile: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Spa Therapist to oversee our spa operations and ensure that our team of therapists ...
CHEF -INDIAN CUISINE Full time Serengeti, Tanzania Published
A newly built seasonal camp in the Serengeti driving for semi luxury accommodations and luxurious service. The camp consists of nine (9) guest tents with double occupancy, which can be ...