Report to (Direct): Assistant Director of Finance / Assistant Financial Controller
Report to (indirect): Director of Finance / Financial Controller
Job Grade: Grade 3
As a Chief Accountant, you are responsible for acquiring in-depth knowledge of finance policies and relevant accounting standards in order to ensure the timeliness, completeness, and reliability of management and financial reports.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage closing of books and preparation of financial reports in accordance with the Uniform System of Accounts (10th Edition) and Hotel Policies
- Ensure that the Corporate Office and Hotel reporting deadlines are met
- Review and reconcile General Ledger, Bank Accounts, and ensure they are complete, reliable, and faithfully represent the financial position of the Hotel
- Analyse & interpret financial reports, identify trends and make recommendations where necessary
- An adequate review of Receiving Reports, Invoices, Expense Reports, Payment Vouchers, and General Cashier Reports to ensure that they are duly authorized and free from misstatements and in compliance with Hotel policy
- Supervise and review monthly payroll preparation and ensure timely disbursement of salaries.
- Ensure that the internal controls (financial and otherwise) are functioning in an orderly and efficient manner and ensure adherence to Hotel policies, safeguard assets, and secure as far as possible the completeness and accuracy of records
- Develop and ensure that the Sun System database is adequately maintained. Supervise the input and handling of financial/reference data for Payroll and FBM Systems
- Supervise the finance team and ensure that they are adequately trained and performance is up to the standards
- Coordinate with Internal and External Auditors in completing Audits
- Develop and maintain manual and computer filing system and ensure that the files are properly named, cataloged and access is available for authorized persons only. Original contracts and important documents must be filed in a fireproof safe
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel’s environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures
Senior Spa Therapist Full time Arusha, Tanzania Published
Job Profile: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Spa Therapist to oversee our spa operations and ensure that our team of therapists ...
CHEF -INDIAN CUISINE Full time Serengeti, Tanzania Published
A newly built seasonal camp in the Serengeti driving for semi luxury accommodations and luxurious service. The camp consists of nine (9) guest tents with double occupancy, which can be ...