A newly built seasonal camp in the Serengeti driving for semi luxury accommodations and luxurious service. The camp consists of nine (9) guest tents with double occupancy, which can be either two twins or single king bed with the option of adding a third twin bed. The temple also consists of one family tent, which can accommodate five adults or can we convert into two separate guest tents. Maximum capacity is 25 adult guests.
The company intends to treat it employees with great respect and dignity, and the same as expected from its employees. The company’s core principles are honesty, accountability, loyalty, and all high moral ethics and hard work.
As an Assistant Camp Manager you will be responsible for assisting the Camp Manager in the overall operation and management of a high-end tented camp facility. You play a crucial role in providing exceptional guest experiences, ensuring the smooth running of camp operations, and maintaining the highest standards of service and luxury in a unique outdoor setting.
- Guest Experience:
- Assist in delivering a personalized and exceptional guest experience, ensuring guest satisfaction and exceeding their expectations.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival, providing camp orientation and addressing any immediate needs or requests.
- Coordinate guest activities, excursions, and special requests, ensuring seamless arrangements and impeccable service delivery.
- Respond promptly and professionally to guest feedback, concerns, and complaints, resolving issues to guest satisfaction.
- Camp Operations Support:
- Assist in overseeing day-to-day camp operations, ensuring efficient functioning of all departments, including housekeeping, food and beverage, activities, and guest services.
- Collaborate with department heads to ensure effective communication, coordination, and teamwork among staff members.
- Maintain and uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene, and maintenance throughout the camp premises, tents, and common areas.
- Monitor and control inventory, supplies, and equipment, ensuring adequate stock levels and appropriate maintenance.
- Staff Supervision and Training:
- Assist in recruiting, training, and supervising camp staff, ensuring they possess the necessary skills and knowledge to provide exceptional service.
- Provide guidance and support to staff members, fostering a positive work environment and promoting professional development.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to disseminate information, address concerns, and promote effective communication among team members.
- Assist in evaluating staff performance, providing feedback, and implementing training or improvement strategies as needed.
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Standards:
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations and standards, promoting a safe and secure camp environment for guests and staff.
- Assist in developing and implementing emergency response protocols and evacuation plans, conducting regular safety drills and training sessions.
- Monitor and address any potential risks or hazards, promptly reporting incidents and taking appropriate action.
- Promote eco-friendly practices and sustainability initiatives, including waste management, conservation, and responsible tourism practices.
- Administrative Tasks:
- Assist with administrative duties, including guest reservations, billing, financial reporting, and record-keeping.
- Collaborate with the Camp Manager to develop and manage budgets, control expenses, and optimize revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate transportation logistics for guests, staff, and supplies, ensuring smooth arrivals and departures.
- Respond to inquiries and communicate with guests, travel agents, and tour operators regarding camp-related matters.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management, Tourism, or a related field (preferred).
- 3 years’ experience in luxury hospitality, preferably in a high-end tented camp or wilderness lodge.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with guests from diverse backgrounds.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili, additional languages would be a bonus.
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of local flora, fauna, and outdoor activities in the camp’s surrounding area.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to live on-site in the Serengeti
What we offer:
- Transport to Arusha on Days off.
Senior Spa Therapist Full time Arusha, Tanzania Published
Job Profile: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Spa Therapist to oversee our spa operations and ensure that our team of therapists ...
CHEF -INDIAN CUISINE Full time Serengeti, Tanzania Published
A newly built seasonal camp in the Serengeti driving for semi luxury accommodations and luxurious service. The camp consists of nine (9) guest tents with double occupancy, which can be ...