Ownership Accountability & Actions
- Jun 15, 2023
Lead the efficient completion of all activities related to the operations, sales, finance and human resources of the fuel station.
● Oversees, plans and manages operations of the fuel station including
procurement and inventory, pump and fuel supply, sales, finances as well as
employee recruitment, development and scheduling.
● Develops and manages operational procedures and budgets to ensure efficiency,
profit optimisation and high quality of service.
● Safeguards the company’s assets and ensures their proper maintenance
including cleanliness and repair.
● Champions the provision of excellent client service including resolving client
complaints and compliments and ensures that the relevant systematic changes
● Manages relationships with suppliers to ensure cost-effectiveness and timely
● Conducts employee training and performance management to ensure efficient
operations, employee development and adherence to company standards,
policies and procedures.
● Provides administrative support to the management; ensures the
implementation of fuel station policies, standards, and procedures as they apply
to the administrative functions.
● Acts as liaison in coordinating matters between the Management and the
● Monitors the tasks of personnel and workers, set goals and plans to promote
and improve the service of each department.
● Assigns and oversees schedules and duties of employees to ensure effective
operations, safety and compliance with SOPs and policies.
● Ensures the security of the fuel station and all related personnel.
● Prepare monthly general management reports for review with Directors.
● Prepare annual plans including operations and sales forecasts.
● Provide analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing
decisions, and contract negotiations.
● Ensure compliance for all government requirements for a fuel station including
EWURA, NEMC, Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
● Ensure all tax fillings and government permit payments are made accurately and
● Ensure compliance with all company procedures and highlight discrepancies
● Ensure compliance to financial regulations and legislation.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
● Minimum of 4 years of general management experience at a fuel station
(including operations, finance, sales and HR).
● Working knowledge of all statutory legislation/regulations relevant to the energy
● Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) or G Suite (Sheets, Slides
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
● Proactive, hands-on General Manager who will lead and own the responsibility
for all operations for the fuel station.
● Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize
and manage multiple priorities as well as solve the root-cause of problems.
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact
effectively with others, both internally and externally.
● Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and
meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
● Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests
of the organization.