Corporate Networking Evening
- Apr 1, 2022
Responsibilities & Duties
• Document financial transactions by entering account information.
• Receive and post payments from customers.
• Verify daily sales payments reports prepared by hotel outlets.
• Record Point-Of-Sales payments in the Property Management System.
• Invoice, fiscalism, and send tax invoices to customers.
• Send customer statements and follow-up on payments.
• Attend to and resolve customer emails and queries.
• Make sure that all credit notes, and fiscal printer malfunctions are reported to tax
authorities in a timely manner.
• Prepare and submit tax payments and statutory monthly returns (TDL, SDL, PAYE,
WHT, VAT, WCF, NSSF) in a timely manner.
• Prepare and submit payments for all government levies e.g. Service Levy, OSHA,
BRELA, TBS, Land Rent, Property Rent, Stamp Duty, etc.
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet,
profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Systematic and timely filing of all department documents.
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems in line with generally
accepted accounting procedures.
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
• Assist internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Assist with regulatory tax audits.
• Support month-end and year-end close processes.
• Handle cash functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash payments made in outlets.
• Assist in reconciling bank statements.
• Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
• Assist the purchasing department and stores with month end inventory count and
• Assist Chief Accountant with completing the year-end audit process.
• Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform the chief
accountant of any potential uncollected accounts.
• Prepare and process supplier payments.
• Ensure that all the supplier payments are supported with a valid fiscal invoices/receipts.
• Verify if credit card service charges are billed correctly for all credit card transactions.
• Review the postings, payments, revenues and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
• Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Point of Sale (POS).
• Assist in reconciling open account status items.
• File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings.
• Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment.
• Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately
on a monthly basis.
• Prepare and process monthly payroll.
• Process authorized purchase requests as needed.
• Any other job-related duties as and when assigned by the Chief Accountant.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as
• BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
• Experience with accounting software such as Quickbooks is a plus.
• 1-3 years of work experience as an Accountant or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)