– Oversee day to day running of the property including all there departments. Responsible for all aspects of the camp at all times.
– Responsible for the camp in the Reservations System, such as billing of extras and assigning rooms.
– Training of Staff in all departments.
– Manage & Maintain all year around the lodge facilities.
– Observe and monitor performance to make sure that company rules and procedures are being followed.
– Confer & cooperate with other department supervisors property activities.
– Answer questions about hotel policies and services, Resolve Guest queries and/or complains imminently without any delay.
– By host to the Guest in cooperation with your assistant, and be on the floor during all service hours (breakfast, lunch & Dinner, Sun-Downers etc) personal involvement with the Guest.
– Personal involvement in Guest check in and Guest check outs.
– Check all daily arriving rooms personal and check periodic rooms during Guest stay including turn-down in the evenings.
– Oversee and active involvement in stock control, purchasing and receiving, cost control in all departments.
– Proper costing in place at F&B department, responsible for Food budgets for guests and staff.
– Coordinate department duties and resolve problems (daily department meeting is encourage).
– Inspect property daily for cleanliness, appearance and defaults (Walk around the property, including back of house, facilities etc several times a day).
– Petty cash, cash flow and sales control, all recorded and banked, in the Daily Cash Document.
– Daily room invoices (to make sure all drinks, food, activities, excursions etc) is on the right room invoice and the room invoice is up to date of day of departure.
– Suppliers, check on regular basis suppliers prices and compare with others, to personal check all the time the shopping with the invoices upon receiving at the camp. Buying items on credit is strictly prohibited, unless permission has given from the GM.
– Interviewing, hiring, firing, evaluation reports always in agreement with the GM and according to the labor act.
– Monitoring staff roosters from different departments, every weekly rooster should bear a signature for the Management
– Update knowledge about local community and/or environment and help Guest understand what the can do in the area to help.
– Be familiar with all services, excursions and activities offered by the property in order to inform the Guest in a accurate way and increase of sales.
– Plan maintenance schedules.
– Up date interior of the property in agreement with the GM.
– Create and implement systems in agreement with the GM.
– Engage in Marketing strategies.
– Drafting budgets.
– Reports wanted by management/accounts department, accurate and on time as give in time frame.
– Get at least 90% of the Guest comments filled in and do following up (by thank you email, analyzing guest problem commits etc).
– Be responsible for your own time management including days off and annual leave (communicate with GM regarding annual leave).
– As a member of NMBS, you are end responsible for ensuring safety of the guests in-house as well as guest belongings.
– Apart from the above mentioned, you shall be responsible for undertaking and performing any other duty or responsibility or place of work assigned to the designated position by the GM and directors.
– Well spoken & outgoing personality.
– At least 4 years of experience in similar position.
– Good communication skills, Kiswahili and English perfect both written as oral. Any other additional languages are an advantage.
– Higher education with hotel school as a advantage.
– Sales & cost driven at all times.
– Marketing skills.
– Computer literate.